This old-fashioned treat is so warm and comforting on chilly evenings. Pumpkin gives it great seasonal appeal, and the white chocolate sauce makes it even more irresistible.—Shirley Glaab, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 cups cubed day-old French bread
- WHITE CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Add bread cubes; stir to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat white chocolate and cream. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted. Cool until thickened, about 10 minutes. Serve warm sauce with warm pudding. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pumpkin Bread Pudding in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p163
Reviews for Pumpkin Bread Pudding with White Chocolate Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 24, 2014