Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Raisins
Served warm or cold with a dollop of whipped cream, this old-fashioned treat is just like pumpkin pie without the crust.
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 slices bread, cubed
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Whipped cream
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, milk, evaporated milk,
- sugar, butter, cinnamon, ginger if desired, vanilla, cloves and
- nutmeg. Stir in the bread cubes and raisins.
- Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Serve with whipped cream. Refrigerate