Pumpkin Bread Pudding Recipe
- 4 cups cubed day-old whole wheat bread
- 1/2 cup chopped dates or raisins
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, divided
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Half-and-half cream or whipped cream, optional
- Combine bread cubes, dates and 1/3 cup pecans; place in a greased 2-qt. shallow baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the milk, pumpkin, egg yolks, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cloves. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff; fold into pumpkin mixture. Pour over bread cubes and toss gently. Sprinkle with remaining nuts.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm or chilled with cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Bread Pudding(4)
Sort By :
What a lovely alternative to the traditional pumpkin pie. I served it warm with whipped cream (ice cream would have been good too.) Leftovers were still good a day or two later without getting mushy.
My family loves this recipe. I used cinnamon raisin bread in place of wheat and baked it in individual ceramic pumpkins made by Temptations. It not only tasted great but looked cute and festive too.
What a yummy recipe! I substituted honey forth sus
What a yummy dessert! Easy to make-definite keeper! I substituted honey for the brown sugar and it came out perfect!
This is the best pumpkin bread pudding recipe I have ever tasted!!!! Very easy.