- 4 eggs
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until well blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Pour into an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- For icing, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, butter and vanilla in a small bowl. Add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Spread over bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Pumpkin Bars
Sort By :
"Anyone who says this is dry or greasy, I'm sorry but you must not have followed the recipe. I have made this several times and it is a huge hit. Delicious and moist. My only change is that I use the whole 8oz. brick of cream cheese in the frosting. Love this, will make this every year."
"These are really good. I added a shake of cloves in it too."
"My grandson says. "tasty, yummy, and very delicious!""
"Not impressed. Not very moist or flavorful."
"I have used this recipe for years and never make pumpkin pie any more. Everyone likes this much better. I use a large can of pumpkin and twice the cinnamon. It makes the bars more moist. They are even better the day after they are made as the flavor is even richer."