- 4 eggs
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until well blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Pour into an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- For icing, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, butter and vanilla in a small bowl. Add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Spread over bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Pumpkin Bars
Sort By :
"Love these bars..made for church for a fund raiser and they sold right away!!"
"I made these exactly as the recipe reads and they were fabulous. My husband and four kids couldn't get enough. Everyone complains about the oil but I have another recipe that takes 3/4 cup of butter so I am not sure why it is a big deal. These taste great and keep well if you happen to have leftovers. My mom has made pumpkin roll for years and honestly I have gotten tired of it so this year I am making these."
"Delicious! Most of the time I don't add the frosting which allows me to eat more without the added calories. Also add extra cinnamon and will try the suggestion of using Splenda."
"Absolutely fabulous!!! Moist and delicious, these were amazing!!"
"These are wonderful. They are light, airy, moist, and very flavorful. I cheat, too by using "Whipped" canned cream cheese frosting."