- 4 eggs
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until well blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Pour into an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- For icing, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, butter and vanilla in a small bowl. Add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Spread over bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Pumpkin Bars
Sort By :
The ingredients are exactly the same as the Pumpkin Rolls I make every year except this seems like a lot less trouble. No jelly roll pan, no rolling into powdered sugared towel, no chance it's going to crack as you roll it up, etc., etc. Definitely gonna give it a try.
This recipe looks exactly like the one on foodnetwork.com for Paula Deen's Pumpkin Bars. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/pumpkin-bars-recipe.html
These were super easy to make however and I followed the recipe exactly using the pan size recommended. Mine were ready to come out of the oven at 21 minutes at 350. I am glad I checked the time - my sister makes this recipe often and it is now one of my favorites also! Thank you!
I substituted applesauce for the oil and it turned out way too moist. The toothpick came out clean but the bars actually had a gummy texture. I should try the recipe again as the original recipe reads but honestly I don't like any recipe with that much oil. I also tried chocolate chips sprinkled on top of half of the bars (a jelly roll pan makes a lot of bars so I wanted to try them different way). It was a bad idea. The bars did not have that choc chip pumpkin muffin sense at all. I do agree with many others that the recipe was super easy to put together. At least I have something good to add.
Easy and super delicious!