Pumpkin Bars Recipe
What could be more appropriate for a Halloween treat than Pumpkin Bars? Actually, they're a hit with my family anytime of the year. —Brenda Keller, Andalusia, Alabama
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 4 eggs
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until well blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Pour into an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- 2. For icing, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, butter and vanilla in a small bowl. Add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Spread over bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 260 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC