- 4 eggs
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until well blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Pour into an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- For icing, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, butter and vanilla in a small bowl. Add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Spread over bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Pumpkin Bars
Sort By :
"Amazing!!! Very moist. I used Cool Whip Cream Cheese Frosting, but sadly they have discontinued it."
"I have made these for years. They are so simple and always moist and delicious! I Follow the recipe exactly and they always get rave reviews and want the recipe! If your in a hurry a can of cream cheese frosting works well also!"
"We made these with our own home grown pumpkin - in March. In place of the cup of oil we used 1/3 cup canola oil and 2/3 cup applesauce. Came out great. Probably could have used the whole 8 ounces of cream cheese - a little more frosting would be good. But a very nice recipe overall. Cream cheese frosting is always a hit!"
"These are fabulous ! We love pumpkin, and these were easy and moist!"
"Love these bars..made for church for a fund raiser and they sold right away!!"