- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas, pumpkin and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking power, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into five greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 5 mini loaves(6 slices each).
Reviews for Pumpkin Banana Bread
Sort By :
"Best banana bread recipe ever!! I've tried probably 50 different ones too. So moist and delicious!!"
"I made this recipe with home-canned pumpkin which is not as thick. It turned out just fine. Very moist and very good. it's the first banana bread that my 4 year old has liked."
"I made this recipe AS IS and brought it to our girls craft group..it was delicious, a huge hit and everyone love it!"
"When I saw the combination pumpkin and banana, I was delighted! I printed it out (without throughly reading it) to make the following day. As I was preping the ingredients, I noticed there were NO spices!!I went to my pumpkin bread recipe and added banana to it.The end!!"
"I noticed that many of the reviewers who rated this recipe quite high made significant modifications. As is the recipe is only "fair" due to unnecessary amounts of fat and sugar. Use the substitutions suggested here, and you can feel good about enjoying the same (better even) great end result!"