Pumpkin Banana Bread
I came across this recipe in a local newspaper about 10 years ago, and I still make the bread on a regular basis. The recipe conveniently yields a number of mini loaves, making gift-giving easy.
30 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time,
- beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas, pumpkin and
- vanilla. Combine the flour, baking power, baking soda and salt;
- gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into five greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at
- 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks. Yield: 5 mini loaves(6 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 114 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium,