- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas, pumpkin and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking power, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into five greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 5 mini loaves(6 slices each).
Reviews for Pumpkin Banana Bread
"This was really good. I substituted mini chocolate chips for the nuts."
"Best banana bread recipe ever!! I've tried probably 50 different ones too. So moist and delicious!!"
"I made this recipe with home-canned pumpkin which is not as thick. It turned out just fine. Very moist and very good. it's the first banana bread that my 4 year old has liked."
"I made this recipe AS IS and brought it to our girls craft group..it was delicious, a huge hit and everyone love it!"