- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. Combine eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. For topping, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; sprinkle 1 teaspoon over each muffin. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Pumpkin-Apple Muffins with Streusel Topping
"Excellent muffins! Not overly sweet, just right. The pumpkin & apples go great together."
"The delightful topping is essential as these are quite mildly flavored. I baked them in cupcake pans with paper liners and all 24 were burned on the bottom. I can only assume the pans crowded the shelf and the smaller volume ba ked them faster. I think I'd like theapples grated not choppe"
"The streusel topping on these is my favorite part! It absolutely makes these muffins!"
"As with all muffins, just be sure you don't over-mix! They'll definitely be drier and tougher if you do. Once you figure the mixing out, they are FANTASTIC!"
"This is a moist, tasty and all around delicious muffin. I will definitely make this over and over again."
"This is a great recipe. I make these every fall with jonathan apples."
"I really liked these muffins. Very tasty! The streusel topping was perfect, not too much and it baked very nicely onto the muffins."
"Delicious muffins! I'd just put them in the oven when I found I'd left the eggs out....then I remembered that I have some wonderful recipes for vegan muffins with no eggs. The no-egg pumpkin apple muffins turned out perfectly!"
"These are the best muffins I have ever tasted. Moist, sweet, and the perfect fall treat."
"Absolutely awesome! Might even taste good without apples as a pumpkin muffin with a maple glaze! Will definitely make these again!!"