Pumpkin Apple Butter
A few years ago, I decided to try my hand at canning. This first recipe I tried was such a success that I've been canning like crazy ever since! You'll love the truly autumn flavor of this apple butter.
40 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 2 hours + freezing
- 1 can (29 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Simmer,
- uncovered, for 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Pour
- into freezer containers. Refrigerate up to 1 month or freeze.
- Yield: 5 half-pints.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 37 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.