Pumpkin Apple Butter Recipe
- 1 can (29 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Pour into freezer containers. Refrigerate up to 1 month or freeze. Yield: 5 half-pints.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 37 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Apple Butter
"A great way to top French toast and you can't find this exact flavor in the store!"
"is there a way to process something like tis in a water bath? Since it is a cooked product, I bet 10 minutes in a water bath would do it.It sounds great and I wil try this__"