Pumpkin Apple Butter Recipe
- 1 can (29 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Pour into freezer containers. Refrigerate up to 1 month or freeze. Yield: 5 half-pints.
2 tablespoon: 37 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Pumpkin Apple Butter
"A great way to top French toast and you can't find this exact flavor in the store!"
"is there a way to process something like tis in a water bath? Since it is a cooked product, I bet 10 minutes in a water bath would do it.It sounds great and I wil try this__"