A few years ago, I decided to try my hand at canning. This first recipe I tried was such a success that I've been canning like crazy ever since! You'll love the truly autumn flavor of this apple butter.
- 1 can (29 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Pour into freezer containers. Refrigerate up to 1 month or freeze. Yield: 5 half-pints.
Originally published as Pumpkin Apple Butter in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p50
Reviews for Pumpkin Apple Butter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review