Pumpkin Apple Bread Recipe
My grandsons think this seasonal loaf is pretty special—so much so they took it with them to college when they knew they wouldn't be home for the holidays. It's destined to become a family tradition in your home, too. —Victoria Cooklin, Massillon, Ohio
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples and raisins. Transfer to two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; sprinkle over each loaf.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Originally published as Pumpkin Apple Bread in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p134
Reviews for Pumpkin Apple Bread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review