- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 14 tablespoons reduced-fat whipped topping
- Additional ground cinnamon, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Fold a fourth of the batter into pumpkin mixture; gently fold in the remaining batter. Gently spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through batter with a knife to remove air pockets.
- Bake on the lowest oven rack at 350° for 38-44 minutes or until top is golden brown and cake springs back when lightly touched and entire top appears dry. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a serving plate. Garnish each slice with 1 tablespoon whipped topping; sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Angel Food Cake
Sort By :
"I love this recipe so much!!! So moist and satisfying! If your cake fell out of the pan than that means you probably sprayed non-stick spray or greased the pan with something. An angel food cake needs to be in an ungreased pan because the batter needs to cling to the sides of the pan to help it raise and to help it hold it's shape and most importantly to help it stay in the pan when you tip it upside down to cool."
"Well, I wasted an angel food cake mix and a can of pumpkin AND some cool whip. I prepared just as directed but after cooking for 40 min. it was still so not done. Cooked it for 10 more minutes. Took it out, inverted the pan and FLOP! It all fell out. We ate a couple of spoonfuls but couldn't serve it. Just don't know what went wrong."
"i use a big can of pumpkin pie mix that already has the spices in it. i just mix it and the angel food cake mix. i find it works best with Duncan Hines brand."
"Love it and make it every fall"
"I made this using pumpkin pie spice. I also cooked it in a 9 x 13 pan rather than a tube pan. It was very tasty. It would also taste good with a cream cheese icing."