Pumpkin Angel Food Cake Recipe
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 14 tablespoons reduced-fat whipped topping
- Additional ground cinnamon, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Fold a fourth of the batter into pumpkin mixture; gently fold in the remaining batter. Gently spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through batter with a knife to remove air pockets.
- Bake on the lowest oven rack at 350° for 38-44 minutes or until top is golden brown and cake springs back when lightly touched and entire top appears dry. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a serving plate. Garnish each slice with 1 tablespoon whipped topping; sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Angel Food Cake
Sort By :
"i use a big can of pumpkin pie mix that already has the spices in it. i just mix it and the angel food cake mix. i find it works best with Duncan Hines brand."
"Love it and make it every fall"
"I made this using pumpkin pie spice. I also cooked it in a 9 x 13 pan rather than a tube pan. It was very tasty. It would also taste good with a cream cheese icing."
"Mine did not get the height as the one in the photo. I used pumpkin pie spice - 1 1/2 Tablespoons - since that is what I had. Turned out more like gingerbread cake with a little more poof. All in all, not bad. Not impressive, but not bad."
"I followed the directions but my cake came out very dense and didn't cook all the way. I tried putting it back in for a bit, but it just wasn't right. I may have to give another try. My hubby said it's okay and that he'll eat it, but it wasn't a hit."