Pumpkin and Pecan Pie Recipe
Whenever we have family gatherings during the holidays, this is one of the favorite desserts. It's a nice variation on traditional pumpkin pie.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling YIELD:6-8 servings
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- About 20 pecan halves
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add pumpkin, eggs, corn syrup and vanilla; beat well. Pour into the pastry shell. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Place pecan halves around the outer edge of filling. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350°; bake 25 more minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 396 calories, 20 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC