- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- About 20 pecan halves
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add pumpkin, eggs, corn syrup and vanilla; beat well. Pour into the pastry shell. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Place pecan halves around the outer edge of filling. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350°; bake 25 more minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Pumpkin Pecan Pie in Country Extra November 1994, p49
Reviews for Pumpkin and Pecan Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 28, 2009
"Great pie! My husband, who generally only likes plain pumpkin pie, loves this recipe."