- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- About 20 pecan halves
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add pumpkin, eggs, corn syrup and vanilla; beat well. Pour into the pastry shell. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Place pecan halves around the outer edge of filling. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350°; bake 25 more minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Pumpkin Pecan Pie in Country Extra November 1994, p49
Reviews for Pumpkin and Pecan Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 28, 2009
Great pie! My husband, who generally only likes plain pumpkin pie, loves this recipe.