Pumpkin & Sausage Penne Recipe
- 3/4 cup uncooked penne pasta
- 2 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links, casings removed
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh sage, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon each salt, pepper and ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons shredded Romano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 1 teaspoon.
- Cook and stir onion and garlic in oil and reserved drippings over medium-high heat until tender. Add wine and bay leaf. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in the broth, pumpkin, 1-1/2 teaspoons sage and remaining seasonings; cook 1 minute longer. Add the cream and sausage; heat through. Remove bay leaf.
- Drain pasta; transfer to a large bowl. Add sausage mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining sage. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pumpkin & Sausage Penne(31)
Sort By :
This is different. I doubled the recipe, used Italian chicken sausage and evaporated milk instead of cream. I liked it a lot.
I double this recipie just to have leftovers!
Very good! I have been in the mood trying new recipes lately. This was a nice change from the usual. I served it with steamed asparagus.
sending this recipe to my family to make too! We didnt use the sage due to young children eating it as well. YUM!
Yuck! This was very bad. We are not picky eaters, but no one liked it.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >