Pumpernickel Muffins Recipe
These dense muffins are a perfect accompaniment to a hearty entree. The rye flour gives the texture some and the dried cherries add to the flavor.
- 3/4 cup rye flour
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- 2. In another bowl, combine the egg, buttermilk, oil, molasses and chocolate. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cherries.
- 3. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
1 muffin equals 264 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 260 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Pumpernickel Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC