This recipe is adapted for the bread machine so it is simple and quick to make.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 cup warm water (70° to 80°)
- 1 cup warm buttermilk (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/2 cups rye flour
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of
- mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Shape into an 8-in. round loaf. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bread sounds hollow when
- tapped. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (2-1/4 pounds,
- 12 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 134 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber,