Pulled Turkey Tenderloin Recipe
- 1 package (20 ounces) turkey breast tenderloins
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle juice
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons canned diced jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 5 kaiser rolls, split
- 1. Place turkey in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the water, pickle juice, soup mix and jalapeno peppers; pour over turkey. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Remove turkey and shred with two forks. Transfer to a small bowl.
- 2. Strain cooking juices, reserving 1/2 cup juices. In another small bowl, combine the yogurt, mustard, pepper and reserved cooking juices. Pour over turkey; toss to coat. Serve on rolls. Yield: 5 servings.
1 sandwich equals 339 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 1,074 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 36 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.