Pulled Turkey Tenderloin
Not your ordinary pulled turkey sandwich, this one shines thanks to its unique yogurt sauce. Serve the turkey by itself or stack on extra sweet pickle slices and jalapenos to echo the dressing.
5 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 package (20 ounces) turkey breast tenderloins
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle juice
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons canned diced jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 5 kaiser rolls, split
- Place turkey in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the
- water, pickle juice, soup mix and jalapeno peppers; pour over
- turkey. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove turkey and shred with two forks. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Strain cooking juices, reserving 1/2 cup juices. In another small
- bowl, combine the yogurt, mustard, pepper and reserved cooking
- juices. Pour over turkey; toss to coat. Serve on rolls. Yield: 5
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 339 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 1,074 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 36 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch.