- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 pounds), trimmed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Thinly sliced green onions
- Hamburger buns, split
- Place onions in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper; place over onions. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until pork is tender.
- Remove pork and onions; cool slightly. Discard cooking juices or save for another use. Shred pork with two forks. Return pork and onions to slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk ketchup, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, honey, butter, coriander and ginger until blended. Stir into pork mixture. Cook, covered, on low 1 hour longer. Sprinkle with green onions; serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pulled Pork with Ginger Sauce
"Best pork recipe ever! It's the combination of the ginger and coriander! We tried it on both rice and buns. Amazing!"
"I made this last night and it was very good. I added extra ginger and garlic powder, but didn't have the coriander on hand. I will try this again."
"very easy and good."
"Nicely flavored and easy to make. Go heavy on the ginger!"
"Absolutely wonderful! And so easy to make. My whole family enjoyed it, even my very picky youngest one."
"Best Pulled pork I have had."
"Absolutely delicious! ! This was my first time making pulled pork and it was such a success! I didn't have honey on hand so I used sugar instead. Ill be making this again!"
"My family LOVED this!!! Hubby did it on buns like suggested but my daughter and I had it over rice and it was delicious! We also used a pork loin rather than shoulder or butt."