Pulled Pork with Ginger Sauce Recipe
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 pounds), trimmed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Hamburger buns, split
- Thinly sliced green onions
- Place onions in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper; add to slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until pork is tender.
- Remove pork and onions; cool slightly. Discard cooking juices or save for another use. Shred pork with two forks. Return pork and onions to slow cooker. In a small bowl, whisk ketchup, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, honey, butter, coriander and ginger. Stir into pork mixture.
- Cook, covered, on low 1 hour longer. Serve on buns; top with green onions. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pulled Pork with Ginger Sauce
Sort By :
very easy and good.
Nicely flavored and easy to make. Go heavy on the ginger!
Absolutely wonderful! And so easy to make. My whole family enjoyed it, even my very picky youngest one.
Best Pulled Pork I have had.
I loved the ease of cooking the pork in the slow cooker, but I did not care for the flavor of the ginger sauce.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Pork Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Pork Roast >
- Slow Cooker Pork Shoulder >
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Comfort Food Recipes >