Pulled Pork with Ginger Sauce Recipe
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 pounds), trimmed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Thinly sliced green onions
- Hamburger buns, split
- 1. Place onions in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper; place over onions. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until pork is tender.
- 2. Remove pork and onions; cool slightly. Discard cooking juices or save for another use. Shred pork with two forks. Return pork and onions to slow cooker.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk ketchup, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, honey, butter, coriander and ginger until blended. Stir into pork mixture. Cook, covered, on low 1 hour longer. Sprinkle with green onions; serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup (calculated without buns) equals 479 calories, 25 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 141 mg cholesterol, 1,115 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.