Pulled Pork with Ginger Sauce Recipe
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 pounds), trimmed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Hamburger buns, split
- Thinly sliced green onions
- Place onions in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper; add to slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until pork is tender.
- Remove pork and onions; cool slightly. Discard cooking juices or save for another use. Shred pork with two forks. Return pork and onions to slow cooker. In a small bowl, whisk ketchup, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, honey, butter, coriander and ginger. Stir into pork mixture.
- Cook, covered, on low 1 hour longer. Serve on buns; top with green onions. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pulled Pork with Ginger Sauce(3)
Sort By :
I loved the ease of cooking the pork in the slow cooker, but I did not care for the flavor of the ginger sauce.
Absolutely delicious! ! This was my first time making pulled pork and it was such a success! I didn't have honey on hand so I used sugar instead. Ill be making this again!
My family LOVED this!!! Hubby did it on buns like suggested but my daughter and I had it over rice and it was delicious! We also used a pork loin rather than shoulder or butt.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Pork Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Pork Roast >
- Slow Cooker Pork Shoulder >
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Comfort Food Recipes >