Pulled Pork Taters Recipe
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup root beer
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 6 large potatoes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 1. Place roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with onion. Combine the ketchup, root beer, vinegar, Worcestershire, hot sauce, salt, pepper and mustard; pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 400° for 50-55 minutes or until tender.
- 3. Remove pork; shred meat with two forks. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a large saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return meat to cooking juices; heat through.
- 4. With a sharp knife, cut an "X" in each potato; fluff with a fork. Top each with butter and pork mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Top with sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 795 calories, 29 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 145 mg cholesterol, 1,677 mg sodium, 89 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 44 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.