- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 submarine buns, split
- Place onion and roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, water, honey, garlic, seasoned salt and ginger; pour over meat. Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat; cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker; heat through. Serve on buns. Cut sandwiches in half. Yield: 16 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pulled Pork Subs
Sort By :
A good barbecue recipe. The honey adds a subtle sweetness to create a mild sauce.
Very easy! Turned out perfect! I used chicken broth instead of water, omitted ginger and used Famous Dave's spice rub in the bbq sauce. Will make again
Loved this recipe. It's so easy.
Made this yesterday-so easy and a big hit!!
Loved the combination of flavors