Pulled Pork Subs Recipe
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 submarine buns, split
- Place onion and roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, water, honey, garlic, seasoned salt and ginger; pour over meat. Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat; cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker; heat through. Serve on buns. Cut sandwiches in half. Yield: 16 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pulled Pork Subs(20)
Sort By :
Made this yesterday-so easy and a big hit!!
Loved the combination of flavors
Changed the water to chicken broth, otherwise no changes. Upped the size and served to a very large group of college kids. BIG hit! This is easy, and a definite keeper.
After reading the ingredients and all the great reviews I thought I'd give this a try. Very bland and tastes more like ketchup than bbq.
Doesn't compare to the indoor pulled pork recipe from American's Test Kitchen.
More Recipe Collections
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Slow Cooker Pork Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Pork Roast >
- Slow Cooker Pork Shoulder >