Pulled Pork Sandwiches
You'll love the ease of this recipe! Just throw everything in the slow cooker and get out of the kitchen. You hardly have to do anything for delicious results! —Terri McKitrick of Delafield, Wisconsin
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 boneless pork sirloin roast (2 pounds), trimmed
- 8 seeded hamburger buns, split
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients; add the
- pork. Spoon some of the sauce over pork. Cover and cook on low for 7
- hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat; shred with two forks. Return to slow cooker and heat
- through. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each bun. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 322 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 681 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Wine: Blush Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.