Pulled Pork Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 boneless pork sirloin roast (2 pounds), trimmed
- 8 seeded hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients; add the pork. Spoon some of the sauce over pork. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove meat; shred with two forks. Return to slow cooker and heat through. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each bun. Yield: 8 servings.
1 sandwich equals 322 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 681 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.