- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 boneless pork sirloin roast (2 pounds), trimmed
- 8 seeded hamburger buns, split
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients; add the pork. Spoon some of the sauce over pork. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat; shred with two forks. Return to slow cooker and heat through. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each bun. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Sort By :
"Not a real fan of the cinnamon, but I wanted to make this exactly as the recipe was written. Still not a fan of cinnamon in my bbq."
"This was so easy to throw together in the morning and forget about it all day. I prefer more barbecue flavor so next time I will increase the BBQ sauce and omit the tomato sauce. Love the kick from the chili powder and cumin!"
"Saucey - recipe could easily handle up to a 3 lb roast. Great for a fall weekend. We served with side of baked beans, creamy coleslaw and Bordon's (mincemeat) pumpkin muffins. 'Nuff said - it made for an excellent meal."
"I make this recipe often, the seasons are perfect, I don't put mine on a bun it takes the flavor away"
"This turned out very well, and because I usually only cook for myself I scaled it down for a 1.5 quart slow cooker."