- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 boneless pork sirloin roast (2 pounds), trimmed
- 8 seeded hamburger buns, split
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients; add the pork. Spoon some of the sauce over pork. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat; shred with two forks. Return to slow cooker and heat through. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each bun. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Pulled Pork Sandwiches
"Made this for dinner tonight. Only thing I changed was I cut the cinnamon in half. It was ridiculously easy and tasty. Will definitely be making this again. One of the reviewers commented that it wasn't very saucy and I gotta say mine was very saucy. I used Sweet Baby Rays Original Recipe as my BBQ sauce. Great way to use one of those small pork roasts you get at Costco (they come in a pack of 4)."
"Not a real fan of the cinnamon, but I wanted to make this exactly as the recipe was written. Still not a fan of cinnamon in my bbq."
"Saucey - recipe could easily handle up to a 3 lb roast. Great for a fall weekend. We served with side of baked beans, creamy coleslaw and Bordon's (mincemeat) pumpkin muffins. 'Nuff said - it made for an excellent meal."
"I make this recipe often, the seasons are perfect, I don't put mine on a bun it takes the flavor away"
"This turned out very well, and because I usually only cook for myself I scaled it down for a 1.5 quart slow cooker."
"Very good and easy. I served with baked beans and a fruied coleslaw. I had a 4lb piece of meat and it cooked fine in 7 hours."
"My husband constantly requests I make this. It may just be our favorite meal!"
"If I use a 5 qt cooker, do I shorten the cooking time. The last time I made this, it got a little burnt."