My family combined two of our favorite things: pulled pork and grilled cheese sandwiches. This recipe is super fast and easy when you use store-bought pulled pork. —Crystal Jo Bruns, Iliff, Colorado
Recommended: 55 Food Truck Copycat Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 carton (16 ounces) refrigerated fully cooked barbecued shredded pork
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 slices country white bread
- 6 ounces sliced Manchego cheese or 8 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Heat shredded pork according to package directions. Stir in garlic. Layer four slices of bread with cheese, onion, pork mixture and remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with mayonnaise.
- In a large nonstick skillet, toast sandwiches in batches over medium-low heat until golden brown and cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes per side. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese in Simple & Delicious August/September 2017