Pulled Molasses Taffy Recipe
- 5 teaspoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1. Butter a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with 3 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the water, brown sugar, vinegar and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 245° (firm-ball stage), stirring occasionally. Add molasses and remaining butter. Cook, uncovered until a candy thermometer reads 260° (hard-ball stage), stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; pour into prepared pan. Cool for 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- 2. With buttered fingers, quickly pull half of the candy until firm but pliable. Pull and shape into a 1/2-in. rope. Cut into 1-1/4-in. pieces. Repeat with remaining taffy. Wrap pieces individually in foil or waxed paper; twist ends. Store in airtight containers in the refrigerator. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 14-1/2 dozen.
2 piece: 17 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 11mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0g fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Pulled Molasses Taffy
"We were looking for a fun and easy recipe to make pulled taffy on Thanksgiving Day with the kids. We tried 3 different recipes and this one was the one that won the test. It is good tasting and the directions were great!"
"this is some goog taffy for a party"
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.