Pulled Brisket Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 fresh beef brisket (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 12 kaiser rolls, split
- 1. Cut brisket in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the water, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, garlic, bouillon, chili powder, mustard, cayenne and garlic salt. Cover and refrigerate 1/2 cup mixture for sauce; pour remaining mixture over beef. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove beef; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker; heat through.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, butter, pepper sauce and reserved water mixture. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Using a slotted spoon, place beef on rolls; drizzle with sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
1 sandwich equals 405 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 753 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.