- 1 fresh beef brisket (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 12 kaiser rolls, split
- Cut brisket in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the water, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, garlic, bouillon, chili powder, mustard, cayenne and garlic salt. Cover and refrigerate 1/2 cup mixture for sauce; pour remaining mixture over beef. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove beef; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker; heat through.
- In a small saucepan, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, butter, pepper sauce and reserved water mixture. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Using a slotted spoon, place beef on rolls; drizzle with sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Pulled Brisket Sandwiches
Sort By :
"This smelled divine while it was cooking, and tasted amazing! Easiest pulled beef I've ever made!"
"great resipe for a quick make ahead meal"
"This was melt in your mouth delicious and couldn't be easier to put together. It made the house smell Heavenly. This is a keeper."
"This is nicely flavored and easy to make. Shredding the beef with two forks is kind of hard because the parts of the brisket that are not submerged do not get soft enough to be easily shredded, but with a little patience or chopping with a knife it works. To make the brisket more tender, next time I would cut it into slightly smaller chunks before cooking, so as to get it all submerged in the tasty juices."