Pulled BBQ Pork Recipe
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 8 kaiser rolls, split
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Add the garlic, pepper flakes and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, brown sugar, vinegar, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire and cumin. Cook over medium heat until heated through and sugar is dissolved.
- 2. Cut roast in half. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker; pour sauce over the top. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker. Heat through. With a slotted spoon, place 3/4 cup meat mixture on each roll. Yield: 8 servings.
1 sandwich equals 518 calories, 21 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 528 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.