Pulled BBQ Pork Recipe
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 8 kaiser rolls, split
- In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Add the garlic, pepper flakes and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, brown sugar, vinegar, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire and cumin. Cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and heated through.
- Cut roast in half. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker; pour sauce over the top. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker. Heat through. With a slotted spoon, spoon 3/4 cup meat mixture onto each roll. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Pulled BBQ Pork(10)
Sort By :
If you use chefdaddy bbq sauce, you will do a flip.
I followed the recipe as written except for straining the vegetables from the sauce before recombining with the pulled pork and adding a dash of salt. My family and I loved it I thought it really captured the North Carolina BBQ flavor.
I made this yesterday and we all liked it. Even my picky brother said it was good!
I thought this was a good recipe, though I wish the BBQ sauce was a little more tangy. My boyfriend didn't like it though. However, he's not fond of any slow-cooker pork recipes so far.
As usual, I always try a recipe that everyone gave 5 stars, so I was very disappointed when I made this and didn't like it one bit. No one in my house ate it either. I ended up throwing it all away. Looking back, I should have been clued in...the ingredients were a strange mix for pork BBQ: cumin, brown sugar?! It just wasn't a good combination. It certainly didn't taste like NC BBQ!
More Recipe Collections
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Slow Cooker BBQ >
- Slow Cooker Pork Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Pork Roast >
- Slow Cooker Pork Shoulder >