Pull-Apart Sticky Bun Ring Recipe
Moist, sticky and filled with rich maple flavor, this treat tastes as delicious as it looks. The gooey cream cheese inside is sure to get mouths watering. —Doreen Wright-Laukaitis, Oxford, Massachusetts
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tubes (6 ounces each) refrigerated flaky buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1. Sprinkle pecans into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons butter and maple syrup; pour over pecans. Set aside.
- 2. Separate biscuits; split each in half horizontally. Place remaining butter in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.
- 3. Cut cream cheese into 20 cubes; roll in sugar mixture. Place one cube in the center of each piece of dough. Fold dough over cheese cube; pinch edges to seal tightly. Dip one side of each biscuit in butter, then sugar mixture.
- 4. Arrange biscuits in prepared pan, sugar side up. Pour remaining butter over top; sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 20 servings.
1 piece equals 185 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC