We're huge Notre Dame fans, and we tailgate. A lot! This is one of those recipe that is a sure fit hit with the kids and the adults. Sometimes we get crazy and add other "pizza" type ingredients like olives, or peppers, but mainly we stay with the original as it seems to be a good luck charm for our team! — Provided by Dana Elliot, Culinary Specialist, on behalf of Physicians Mutual Insurance
Recommended: 23 Recipes Made in a Bundt Pan
- 2 cans (11 ounces) refrigerated breadstick dough or 2 cans (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza dough
- 3 ounces sliced pepperoni or turkey pepperoni
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Marinara sauce, optional
- Cut breadsticks into quarters or pizza dough into small pieces. Remove pepperoni from package and cut into smaller pieces; save remainder for another use. Mix all ingredients in a bowl and toss so oil is spread evenly.
- Spread mixture in greased 13x9-in. baking dish or fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until top is brown. Be sure center is thoroughly cooked; if not, continue baking and check every 5 minutes until done. Flip pizza onto serving plate and serve with marinara sauce for dipping if desired. Yield: 10 servings
Originally published as Pull Apart Pizza in Taste of Home Cooking School Spring 2015, p27
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.