Pull-Apart Herb Bread
THE INGREDIENTS for this recipe are so simple and the results so spectacular, I'm always willing to share the secret.
It's actually a variation of a doughnut recipe I made years ago, using refrigerated biscuits. The best part of having this bread is tearing it apart and eating it warm.
-Evelyn Kenney, Hamilton, New Jersey
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tubes (10.2 ounces each) refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute; set aside.
- Separate biscuits; place half in an even layer in a greased 9-in.
- springform pan. Brush with butter mixture; sprinkle with half of the
- cheese and herbs. Repeat.
- Place the pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes
- or until golden brown. Remove to wire rack to cool; serve warm.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 220 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 487 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.