THE INGREDIENTS for this recipe are so simple and the results so spectacular, I'm always willing to share the secret. It's actually a variation of a doughnut recipe I made years ago, using refrigerated biscuits. The best part of having this bread is tearing it apart and eating it warm. -Evelyn Kenney, Hamilton, New Jersey
Featured In: 5-Ingredient Bread Recipes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tubes (10.2 ounces each) refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute; set aside. Separate biscuits; place half in an even layer in a greased 9-in. springform pan. Brush with butter mixture; sprinkle with half of the cheese and herbs. Repeat.
- Place the pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire rack to cool; serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pull-Apart Herb Bread in Reminisce January/February 1998, p49
Reviews for Pull-Apart Herb Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 7, 2011
"Discovered this years ago when it was first printed. Loved it then and love it now. Have used it for many family meals and parties. Always loved by all and there is never enough. Have also made with homemade biscuits. Fantastic."