Pull-Apart Garlic Buns Recipe
My Italian neighbor has passed along many mouthwatering recipes, including this one. The soft, tender buns are easy to pull apart. —Carolina Hofeldt, Lloyd, Montana
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a saucepan, heat the milk, water and shortening to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat until moistened. Add egg; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Do not let rise. Divide into 12 pieces. Shape each into a bun. Combine paprika and garlic powder. Dip each bun in melted butter, then in paprika mixture.
- 3. Place six buns in a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans; sprinkle with half of the sesame seeds. Top with remaining buns and sesame seeds. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (12 buns).
1 bun equals 169 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 247 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC