Pull-Apart Bacon Bread
I stumbled across this recipe while looking for something different to take to a brunch. Boy, am I glad I did! Everyone asked for the recipe and could not believe it only called for five ingredients. It's the perfect item to bake for an informal get-together.
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 12 bacon strips, diced
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) ranch salad dressing mix
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat for 5 minutes or
- until partially cooked; drain on paper towels. Roll out dough to
- 1/2-in. thickness; brush with 1 tablespoon of oil. Cut into 1-in.
- pieces; place in a large bowl. Add the bacon, cheese, dressing mix
- and remaining oil; toss to coat.
- Arrange pieces in a 9-in. x 5-in. oval on a greased baking sheet,
- layering as needed. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30
- minutes or until doubled.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Cover with foil; bake 5-10 minutes
- longer or until golden brown. Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 149 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 621 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.