- 12 bacon strips, diced
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) ranch salad dressing mix
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat for 5 minutes or until partially cooked; drain on paper towels. Roll out dough to 1/2-in. thickness; brush with 1 tablespoon of oil. Cut into 1-in. pieces; place in a large bowl. Add the bacon, cheese, dressing mix and remaining oil; toss to coat.
- Arrange pieces in a 9-in. x 5-in. oval on a greased baking sheet, layering as needed. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Cover with foil; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Pull-Apart Bacon Bread
Sort By :
"I make this every Holiday Season and Now Friends and Family are placing orders for it. It is super Delicous and everyone loves this Bread."
"Found this recipe in my new "Fast Fixes with Mixes" TOH cookbook I just bought. I thought the bread had a ton of flavor but a bit too salty for me. I will make this recipe again because who doesn't like bacon! But I will not use the whole pack of ranch dressing and I may try adding more cheese to make it more cheesy. It was a bit dry. Was very easy to prepare and goes well with soup!"
"Tried this recipe for the first time this morning and my family loved it, I make a pull apart bread for the holidays using the frozen rolls and I always have left over rolls that I don't know what to do with, and I always end up throwing them away, this recipe is a good way to use up the left over rolls. It took longer for it to rise the the recipe stated but I solved that problem by following the quick rise instructions on the package, the next time I make it though I think I will make it up before I go to bed and leave it in the oven to rise and bake it when I get up like I do when I make my other pull apart bread recipe."
"I forgot to say that I am always running behind, so I was looking for shortcuts one holiday. I decided to try the pre-cooked bacon bits you can buy now...and they work great! :)"
"I have made this recipe for years. I found it in one of your magazines and fixed it for a family event. Everyone loves it and they request it every holiday!"