Puffy Sausage Mummies
Golden puff pastry and spicy andouille sausage make these delightful hand-held sandwiches great for kids and adults. The honey mustard helps mellow the spice. You can serve additional honey mustard for dipping if you like.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 4 fully cooked spicy chicken sausage links (3 ounces each), cut in half lengthwise
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature for 40 minutes. Unfold pastry
- onto lightly floured surface. Roll into 16-in. x 12-in. rectangle.
- Spread with mustard. Cut into eight 16-in. x 1-1/2-in. strips. Wrap
- one strip of pastry around each sausage.
- Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. In a bowl, combine
- the egg and water. Brush over pastry. Bake at 400° for 15-17
- minutes or until golden brown. Add faces with mustard. Yield: 8
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.