Puffy Sausage Mummies Recipe
Golden puff pastry and spicy andouille sausage make these delightful hand-held sandwiches great for kids and adults. The honey mustard helps mellow the spice. You can serve additional honey mustard for dipping if you like.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 4 fully cooked spicy chicken sausage links (3 ounces each), cut in half lengthwise
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1. Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature for 40 minutes. Unfold pastry onto lightly floured surface. Roll into 16-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Spread with mustard. Cut into eight 16-in. x 1-1/2-in. strips. Wrap one strip of pastry around each sausage.
- 2. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. In a bowl, combine the egg and water. Brush over pastry. Bake at 400° for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Add faces with mustard. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Puffy Sausage Mummies
Reviewed Oct. 31, 2011
"I agree that you definitely need a greased baking sheet. Even though you are using puff pastry, you still need to make sure it will come off easily!"
Reviewed Oct. 29, 2011
"GREASED baking SHEET!!! tastes good, cute and fun, but I can't stress that enough. GREASED!!!"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC