Puffy Sausage Mummies Recipe
Golden puff pastry and spicy andouille sausage make these delightful hand-held sandwiches great for kids and adults. The honey mustard helps mellow the spice. You can serve additional honey mustard for dipping if you like.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 4 fully cooked Johnsonville® Chicken Sausage Cajun Style (3 ounces each), cut in half lengthwise
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1. Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature for 40 minutes. Unfold pastry onto lightly floured surface. Roll into 16-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Spread with mustard. Cut into eight 16-in. x 1-1/2-in. strips. Wrap one strip of pastry around each sausage.
- 2. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. In a bowl, combine the egg and water. Brush over pastry. Bake at 400° for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Add faces with mustard. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC