- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 4 fully cooked spicy chicken sausage links (3 ounces each), cut in half lengthwise
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature for 40 minutes. Unfold pastry onto lightly floured surface. Roll into 16-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Spread with mustard. Cut into eight 16-in. x 1-1/2-in. strips. Wrap one strip of pastry around each sausage.
- Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. In a bowl, combine the egg and water. Brush over pastry. Bake at 400° for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Add faces with mustard. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Puffy Sausage Mummies
"I agree that you definitely need a greased baking sheet. Even though you are using puff pastry, you still need to make sure it will come off easily!"
"GREASED baking SHEET!!! tastes good, cute and fun, but I can't stress that enough. GREASED!!!"