Golden puff pastry and spicy andouille sausage make these delightful hand-held sandwiches great for kids and adults. The honey mustard helps mellow the spice. You can serve additional honey mustard for dipping if you like.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 4 fully cooked spicy chicken sausage links (3 ounces each), cut in half lengthwise
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature for 40 minutes. Unfold pastry onto lightly floured surface. Roll into 16-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Spread with mustard. Cut into eight 16-in. x 1-1/2-in. strips. Wrap one strip of pastry around each sausage.
- Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. In a bowl, combine the egg and water. Brush over pastry. Bake at 400° for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Add faces with mustard. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Puffy Sausage Mummies in Halloween Party Favorites 2009 2009, p7
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Puffy Sausage Mummies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review