- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- Divide butter between two 2-cup round baking dishes. Place on a baking sheet. Heat in a 400° oven until butter is melted.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, lemon peel and vanilla. Whisk in flour until blended. Pour over butter. Bake, uncovered, for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown and puffy.
- In a small bowl, gently combine the berries. Spoon onto pancakes; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Puffy Oven Pancakes
"I made these pancakes for brunch this morning and my husband and I thought they were great! I didn't have any fresh berries on hand, so we just enjoyed the pancakes with real maple syrup. I will definitely make them again!"
"I make a larger version of this recipe. It is always a hit with the family. We all love how it puffs up. We enjoy serving it with lemon juice and powdered sugar as well."
"The recipe is easy to make, I think that there is too much butter and that it should have at least 2 tbs of sugar, more lemon peel and 1 teaspoon of vanila.... thats how i will make it next time!!!"
"Taste was a little bland. Next time we will add more vanilla/lemon peel. Will definitely make again. Very fast and easy."
"awsome best pancake ever my family loves favorite for all kid of all ages."