Puffy Oven Pancakes
Puffy and pretty, with a refreshing hint of lemon, this berry-topped pancake is a cherished favorite of Lillian Julow in Gainesville, Florida. What a melt-in-your-mouth morning wake-up or addition to a special brunch!
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- Divide butter between two 2-cup round baking dishes. Place on a
- baking sheet. Heat in a 400° oven until butter is melted.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, lemon peel and vanilla. Whisk
- in flour until blended. Pour over butter. Bake, uncovered, for 14-16
- minutes or until golden brown and puffy.
- In a small bowl, gently combine the berries. Spoon onto pancakes;
- sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 351 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 248 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.