Puffy Oven Pancakes Recipe
Puffy and pretty, with a refreshing hint of lemon, this berry-topped pancake is a cherished favorite of Lily Julow in Gainesville, Florida. What a melt-in-your-mouth morning wake-up or addition to a special brunch!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- 1. Divide butter between two 2-cup round baking dishes. Place on a baking sheet. Heat in a 400° oven until butter is melted.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, lemon peel and vanilla. Whisk in flour until blended. Pour over butter. Bake, uncovered, for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown and puffy.
- 3. In a small bowl, gently combine the berries. Spoon onto pancakes; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 351 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 248 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC