- 1 cup chopped fresh lobster meat
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (17.3 ounces each) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- In a small skillet, combine the first nine ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until lobster is firm and opaque; set aside.
- Unfold puff pastry. Using a 4-in. round cookie cutter, cut out four circles. Place on a greased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pastries. Spoon 1 tablespoon lobster mixture in the center of each circle. Brush edges with egg; fold dough over filling. Press edges to seal.
- Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until puffy and golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Originally published as Puffy Lobster Turnovers in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p19
Reviews for Puffy Lobster Turnovers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review