- 6 eggs, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced and sweetened
- Whipped cream
- In a bowl, beat egg whites with salt until stiff peaks form; set aside. In another bowl, beat the egg yolks, sugar, flour, lemon peel and vanilla until smooth. Fold in egg whites. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add egg mixture. Cook without stirring for 6-7 minutes or until bottom is golden brown. Remove from the heat. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1 minute or just until top is golden (watch carefully). Fold omelet in half; transfer to a serving platter. Top with strawberries and whipped cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Puffy Dessert Omelet(1)
Sort By :
I probably shouldn't have rated this recipe, because I actually haven't made it. However, it reminds me of a recipe I used to make about 44 years ago when I was a new wife. It was made just like this and it was one of our favorite Saturday morning breakfasts. I made it again and again. And, I will be making this one this weekend. It sounds exactly like the one I used to make. I wore out the recipe card and lost it a long time ago. Thanks for this one.