Carol Mead of Los Alamos, New Mexico suggests this slightly sweet omelet treat. "It's definitely worth the extra time it takes to fix," Carol comments.
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced and sweetened
- Whipped cream
- In a bowl, beat egg whites with salt until stiff peaks form; set aside. In another bowl, beat the egg yolks, sugar, flour, lemon peel and vanilla until smooth. Fold in egg whites. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add egg mixture. Cook without stirring for 6-7 minutes or until bottom is golden brown. Remove from the heat. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1 minute or just until top is golden (watch carefully). Fold omelet in half; transfer to a serving platter. Top with strawberries and whipped cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Puffy Dessert Omelet in Taste of Home August/September 1998, p53
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Puffy Dessert Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review