This is one omelet you won't forget because of it's unique and delicious flavors!—Melissa Davenport, Campbell, Minnesota
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine flour and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk egg yolks, milk and lemon juice; add to dry ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon as a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Fold into yolk mixture.
- Pour into a shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange apple slices on top. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples.
- Bake, uncovered, 18-20 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cut in half. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Puffy Apple Omelet in Comfort Food Diet bookazine 2010
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Puffy Cinnamon-Apple Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 24, 2013
"One of our family favourites, when I make this for breakfast my son tells me that I'm like a gourmet chef. A definite keeper!"