- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine flour and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk egg yolks, milk and lemon juice; add to dry ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon as a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Fold into yolk mixture.
- Pour into a shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange apple slices on top. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples.
- Bake, uncovered, 18-20 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cut in half. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Puffy Apple Omelet in Comfort Food Diet bookazine 2010
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Puffy Cinnamon-Apple Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 24, 2013
"One of our family favourites, when I make this for breakfast my son tells me that I'm like a gourmet chef. A definite keeper!"